Jesmonite AC100 is an Acrylic Composite material supplied in two parts, a powder and a liquid. It is suitable for both decorative castings and glass reinforced laminates, and can be pigmented using the Jesmonite range of water-based pigments. It is also possible to add a range of decorative and functional fillers in order to achieve a wider range of effects and to meet a broader spectrum of specifications.
Jesmonite AC100 can be used both internally and externally, although external use requires the application of a suitable sealer or external paint system for long-term exposure. It is fire-resistant, having achieved a Class ‘0’ fire rating under UK Building Regulations BS476 (Parts 6&7). Due to its solvent free formulation, AC100 can be cast without damage to rubber moulding compounds, and without limitation to scale. It is also dimensionally stable due to low exothermic reaction, and produces a small amount of expansion on set (1mm/ linear metre).
AC100 is supplied in separate containers of liquid and powder, and mix ratios are variable to allow for both decorative and functional fillers.
Normal casting and laminating requires a mix ratio of 2.5 parts AC100 Powders to 1 Part AC100 Liquids, by weight.
A full range of ancillary materials designed specifically for optimum compatibility is available from our store. These include Thixotrope, Retarder, Pigments, and Glass Reinforcements
- Superior cast and glass reinforced mouldings
- Solvent free & no VOC’s
- Fire resistant
- Impact resistant
- Easy to use, adaptable material for all moulding applications.
- Suitable for decorative cast objects, mould cases, wall panels.
- Supplied with a range of ancillary products including glass reinforcements, pigments, fillers, and control chemicals to adapt the material to the widest range of applications.
- The ultimate chameleon material – can replicate virtually any surface, colour, or texture.